Re: [Healeys] Oil leaking from tacho drive on my BN2

To: T+ B Willig <willig@wtnet.de>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil leaking from tacho drive on my BN2
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 16:27:00 +0000 (UTC)
The BN2 came with an O-ring and a retaining ring that seals around the tach
cable--if yours is original the O-ring is probably brittle and not sealing.
IIRC, there is also a gasket that goes under the threaded cap. BCS sells a
nifty, spring-loaded honest-to-god seal that replaces the O-ring and retainer.
We installed this in our BN2 and have not seen any leakage (but all I've been
able to do is drive the bodyless chasssis and drivetrain up and down a side
road). Call BCS and they'll set you up.

You might also be leaking from the gasket that goes under the tach drive
housing--these are tough to find, but maybe BCS can help out there, too.

Also, I think you have to remove the tappet covers to get the tach drive
off--you may want to order new gaskets for those as well.

bs
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA