Re: [Healeys] Leather stap bonnet aging?

To: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Leather stap bonnet aging?
From: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 14:10:29 -0700
Tadek,

If your objective is to give that weathered look but also to keep it looking
good and water proof, try "Neatsfoot Oil"  which will darken and soften the
leather.  The original belts were a light colored leather so doing this
permanently darken the leather.

Another good product from my childhood is "Snow-Proof" which comes in a
brown tin can with black lettering.  I believe it's out of production but
I've found it on eBay recently.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Early-Shoe-Care-Tins-Snow-Proof-Co-Johnsons-Shine-/280567464910?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41531fc3ce

Cheers,

Curt