Re: [Healeys] The AEC960 Healey 3000 Cylinder Head spark plug seat

To: Dave Porter <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] The AEC960 Healey 3000 Cylinder Head spark plug seat
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 00:29:34 +1100
Hi Dave,
No - once we discovered the issue - which was during the rebuild - we
just fixed the problem by machining the plug seats.
It is clearly a factory machining issue.
I'm hoping some other listers may have a 12 port head they can check.
I'm sure that not every Aec960 casting was machined wrongly. After all
- they got the machining on the 6 and 12 port 100/6 heads right, and
the a series heads, and the b series heads.......
Best
Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com

Sent from my iPhone