Re: [Healeys] Rear breaks locking

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rear breaks locking
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 05:44:26 -0700
  Magnus,

Are you saying the newer materials used in the shoes are causing this problem?
That would mean, I guess, that the new
shoe linings are more effective than the old (actually, TOO effective).

I've noticed in the past that one or the other rear brake would lock before the
fronts (BJ8).  I put new shoes in a
couple years ago and when I missed a turn and slammed on the brake pedal
recently I got pretty even locking all around IIRC.

Presumably, then, someone with all drum brakes wouldn't have the rear-only
lockup problem, and a proportioning valve
would solve this problem?

bs

--
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net