[Healeys] FW: support our hobby

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] FW: support our hobby
From: "John Sims" <ahbn6@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 08:13:20 -0400
I don't know about LBC folks getting older. We just had our annual Brits on
the Beach show and we were up about 20 cars to approximately 140 this year
(including over a dozen big Healeys) from last year's 120. And, again, we
added members to the club who attended the show and signed up. Of the now
approximately 100 members, we get attendance of upwards of 35 at each
meeting which I believe is a pretty good percentage. As I look around the
meetings, it appears that most of the attendees are in their 40's and 50's -
certainly not old by my standards.

Venue has a lot to do with the show as the attendance has really skyrocketed
since we moved it to the beach - we take over two blocks of the main street
of a small beach community parking on both sides of the street while
pedestrians walk down the middle of the street and on sidewalks gawking at
our cars. Support of the community is great as the merchants draw business
at a time when the town is starting to scale down for the winter (the venue
is basically a historic religious summer retreat). As far as I know, the
only complaint from last year was from some merchants who were not fully
aware of the show and wanted to participate more this year. Nice problem to
have. During the show we settled on a date for next years show -- September
17, 2011 -- and work is already starting on it. While there are small shows
in the area almost weekly, most are muscle cars and other Detroit pieces of
iron. This is the only true British show in the area. You can see videos of
the last two events on the Video page of my site.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

http://www.healey6.com