[Healeys] Chicagoland British Car Festival not declining.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Chicagoland British Car Festival not declining.
From: Jack Feldman <qualitas.jack@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:46:48 -0500
I am a little late because the British Car Union just held it's evaluation
meeting last night, and I wanted to get the visitor's numbers.

The British Car Union is an organization made up of volunteers from
Chicagoland British car clubs. Some clubs have more than one volunteer, some
have none. It is quite like the organization that Gary Anderson suggested.
We have only one task, and that is to put on the Chicagoland British Car
Festival. Festival, because, while there is car judging, we stress that all
cars are welcome from gold concourse winners to the next restoration
project.

Yes, registration has gone down in the last few years, the lowest being 346
cars on a rainy Sunday. 72 were day of even registrations in spite of the
rain. A good portion of owners wait be sure there will be no rain on the
day of the event. We seem to have settled down in the last few years to
around 550 cars, but that doesn't say it all. The trend is small, but
upward. We have a large number of spectators. We tried to gauge them this
last year, but the numbers are incomplete. There were at least 850
spectators, and more uncounted.. Spectators are asked for a $5.00 donation,
but it is not required. The donations are handled by the charity, and all
the money goes directly to them.

Generally we have no special entertainment, but this year we returned to
having a bag piper and Scottish dancers. We will meet again in January to
start the planning for 2011, our 25th anniversary.

Are we a success? The MG newsletter, which like most newsletters is always
in need of articles,,had not one, but two lauditory articles by members.
Last year we got an email from a happy participant. I would suggest that the
unregistered attendees are a good indication of the popularity.

BTW, last year I got a phone call from one registrant who had trouble
getting onto the field until he showed the cars manufacturers tag. His Fiat
was made in England! It won an award!

Keep up the good work. The number of cars is significant, but try to gauge
the number of folks without cars who attend.

Jack
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html