Re: [Healeys] Austin Healey Radio?

To: Mike Slechta <mslechta@chartermi.net>, healey@hunterbane.com,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Austin Healey Radio?
From: "Chris Dimmock [Healey]" <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 15:41:20 +1100
I think it's pretty well a given that the factory didn't fit radios. That
was a dealer land option.

I'm relatively lucky in that I have found, and spoken to, the original
purchaser of my BJ8, (and all previous owners).....

As a matter of fact - I've also spoken to the dealer that sold the car new!

Which is pretty amazing, isn't it? Being able to know and speak to the
actual dealer that sold your car - the actual guy that signed the sales
invoice - and the buyer - the guy that paid for, and drove your Healey
away!!

Anyway - the original owner (Richard Steil) was able to clarify that he had
a choice of radios when he ordered the car from the dealer (John Sprinzel).

Richard chose the "pushbutton" radio - you can see it here:
http://www.myaustinhealey.com/austin_healey_3000_pics_interior.html

And as you can see from John's invoice (under supply & fit accessories) - at
34 pounds sterling - it was nearly the same price as the leather trim & wire
wheels....

http://www.myaustinhealey.com/john-sprinzel-healey.html

So I'd agree - in this case, a dealer, via his local radio supplier -
possibly offered a "customised" solution.....

Best

Chris

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html