[Healeys] space between engine and rad

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] space between engine and rad
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:49:45 +0000
Can someone tell me how much space there should be between the front of the
fan and the rad and/or the space between the crank nut and the rad on a 100?
I can snuggly fit my finger between the fan and the rad and when I measure
that finger I get about 5/8th of an inch.  And, yes, the distance hasn't
changed from before I removed and replaced the rad.
Does one really need to loosen the rad before changing the belt?  I wanted to
remove the belt and run the car briefly with the generator removed to see if
the noise was 'gone'.  I gave up last night, but I will go back to it.

Robert Duquette

Ottawa ON Canada

1965 RHD BRG Austin-Healey Sprite ( project )

1967 RHD MG Midget ( aka: Miss Marple )

1955 Austin-Healey 100 BN1 ( aka: Carmen
)http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/2009FallTour.jpg
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html