Re: [Healeys] How to de-seize a brass tap?

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] How to de-seize a brass tap?
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 13:13:09 +0000
Thanks, Rich!
It didn't leak, but it's sealed with black paint.  :)
What does one tap on it with?  A soft wood?  Rubber hammer?
Hmmm ... brake fluid.  Would brake fluid damage the brass?  It should remove
the paint in the crevices and possibly free up that spring, shouldn't it?
I'm using a new one for now, but would like to eventually fix this old one.