Re: [Healeys] Shipping Healeys this summer

To: 55healey@comcast.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Shipping Healeys this summer
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 11:40:41 EST
In a message dated 11/8/10 9:16:03 PM, 55healey@comcast.net writes:

> Hi Gary,
>
> Thank you very much for checking on this and sending the followup
> information.  This will get the interested people talking.
> When I was checking out transportation it was sounded like $1,000 each
> way per car and that put me out of the deal.  I really
> did like the concept and I will be interested to see who comes forward
> to take Neil up on a deal.
>
> Rob Westcott

Typically, professional transport is going to be minimum $1.00 a mile. The
interesting exercise is to calculate the equivalent in personal expenses and
then decide whether wear-and-tear on the car and driver/passenger is worth
it.

For example, Vancouver is 1339 miles. So at 20 mpg and $3 a gallon, that's
$200 for gas. It's a 22 hour trip, and eight hours in a Healey is about the
best anyone can manage, so two nights in hotels, add $175. Three days on the
road, nine meals, add $100. Figure you're $500 out-of-pocket for the trip.
But on the other side, you've got to add air fare, but with advance booking
that's only $100.

So the comparison really is whether someone is willing to pay $600 to avoid
driving three days in a Healey across the West in mid-summer.

Gary
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html