Re: [Healeys] Found Part's Importance

To: "'Ray Carbone'" <racarbon@verizon.net>, <bluehealey@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Found Part's Importance
From: "Dave Porter" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 14:04:08 -0700
Some master cylinders have adjustable length push rods, some do not. Most of
the Healey mstr cyls. are more or less interchangeable or have been. Without
free play the fluid return port is blocked and the brakes will pretty
quickly lock up until the pressure is released. Often the difference in a
PITA problem or not is the thickness of the firewall shims..

 Worn clevis pins and/or ovalized pedal assemblies may be sufficient free
play to never have the problem show up.

dp

frogeye@porterscustom.com

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE