[Healeys] Fuel tank

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Fuel tank
From: S and T Miller <stmiller96@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:49:13 -0500
With all the talk about non-ethanol fuel, I decided to drain my fuel tank in
the 1957 today.  I don't drive the 1957 over the winter very much so the fuel
will remain unused for a few months.  I connected a 3 foot rubber fuel line to
the output on the front float bowl and and let the fuel pump, pump it into a
fuel can.  Once the pump started sucking air I gave the car a few shakes to
get the last bits of fuel.  Thinking there would be some fuel left in the
bottom of the tank, I removed the drain bolt with a drain pan handy.  To my
surprise I only got maybe a "baby food jar" sized amount of fuel.  I even
stuck a screw driver through the drain hole to make sure it wasn't just
clogged.
I was very surprised that the fuel tank/ pump actually sucks almost all the
fuel out of the tank when it runs dry.  Now I am going to put some non-ethanol
fuel in for the winter.

The Millers
"British Car Nuts"

1957 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 35299

1959 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 77219

1964 MGB 40841

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite AN5 34351

"Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test
drive."
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html