Re: [Healeys] Spam, So Ok, now what?

To: list list <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Spam, So Ok, now what?
From: Al Malin <amalin@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 23:28:14 -0500
First of all, I hope this doesn't start a flame war.  I'm a retired Software
Engineer and Oracle DBA with countless hours on Windows PCs and other
platforms so I feel qualified to comment because of my diverse experience with
many different computer operating systems. (I know, big deal :) I also
recognize that others with the same experience may not agree with me.

Second of all, this will be my only post to the list on this subject.

When it's time to buy your next computer you may want to ***consider*** a Mac.
Needless to say, your choice is easy if you depend on software available only
on Windows. However, if that's not the case, go to an Apple store and check
out the Mac laptops and iMacs. Macs are remarkably virus free. Most Mac users
never use virus checkers --- the people that do are usually those recently
switched from Windows.

A common argument why Macs are virus free is that the community is not large
enough for hackers to bother with. That may or may not be true. If true then
moving out of a neighborhood riddled with drug dealers, hookers and drive-bys
would not be worthwhile since it would only be a matter of time before that
quiet and safe rural community would be crime ridden as well.

Note, Note, Note!!! All I am saying here is consider a Mac for your next
purchase. This may be your escape from viruses.

BTW, I would be happy to answer any questions about a Mac, OFF LIST of
course.

Al Malin
Tricarb