[Healeys] Little Rivets

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Little Rivets
From: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 17:20:42 -0800 (PST)
Little Healeys also have the rivet issue.  Bugeyes came with riveted headlight
rims, but the repros are rivetless.  When I restored my Bugeye, I sent out all
the original chrome pieces to a local shop for replating, including the
riveted headlight rims.  It was a high end shop that did the plating for a
number of Ralph Lauren's cars.  When my parts were returned, I quickly
realized the headlight rims were a little different.  Not only were they quite
a bit larger than the Bugeye's,  they were imprinted with the word "Carello".
A few days later, I got a call from a Cape Cod restoration shop (which
coincedentally had done the restoration of Roger Menadue's LeMans
Nash-Healey)  inquiring whether our plating orders might have been mixed up.
Seems they had my Bugeye rims and I had the rims from a very rare Maserati (1
of 7)    We did an even swap, but I think I should have held them ransom.

BTW,  happy to note my Nasty Boy BJ7 still sports its original rims with
rivets.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html