Re: [Healeys] Charging Positive Ground Batteries

To: Richard Dryman <rdryman1@yahoo.com>, AustinHealey List
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Charging Positive Ground Batteries
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 22:56:18 -0500
To all my Healey friends, please forgive me---but--this Dryman is a true prick.
 I never said that at all.  He has decided to send me and the world one of his
nasty undiplomatic posts.  Actually it was he who confused the message and
comments I was referring to and shot from the hip without checking.

Here is the message I was referring to.

" Peter Ryner <pryner@verizon.net> wrote:

=============
The battery doesn't know if the car is positive or negative ground.  The
charging hookup is always the same.  Red on positive and black on negative."

To which I replied  "I think you are correct --- but don't try to use the car
body for the ground---use the battery neg post."  I thought it would be obvious
why.

I was merely cautioning to not forget and stick the negative from the donor car
on the Healey body------but rather on the Healey battery negative terminal.

Do I expect an apology from this classless person----nope.  Suggest you READ
the context of messages before commenting DICK-------or do you have this
burning need to criticise to better cope with yourself.

Again--my upfront apologies to others here, but thanks for listening.

tom

---- Richard Dryman <rdryman1@yahoo.com> wrote:

Can't believe I read this:positive is negative ????? wow~~~~~

> When charging positive ground batteries, what is the
correct connection,.....