Re: [Healeys] Subject: Top boot and tonneau

To: "'Mark Schneider'" <mandmschneider@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Subject: Top boot and tonneau
From: "John Sims" <ahbn6@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 18:09:26 -0500
I believe that it is much better to install the snaps yourself. When I
bought my car 15 years ago, the tonneau did not fit correctly and I deduced
that it was because of snaps preinstalled. I bought a new one, installed the
snaps myself and the new one fits perfectly. Just had to take my time and be
sure that I got it right. Our cars are pretty much standard with respect to
the mechanics but the body work and accoutrements need tweaking that can
only be done on site.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

http://www.healey6.com

Also, I notice from the pictures provided that all of the  snaps seem to be
installed on the cover.  If the placement of the snaps doesn't match the
positioning of the posts on the car body you may have further difficulties.
I prefer to install my own snap hardware and get it right.

Marks 3
'66 BJ8
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html