Re: [Healeys] 66 Austin-Healey for sale

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 66 Austin-Healey for sale
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 11:49:17 EST
In a message dated 1/4/11 6:01:38 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net
writes:

> ebay # 220718548879

Several comments.
"Beverly Hills Car Club" is a new advertiser with the Mercedes-Benz Club
magazine that I edit. Maybe someone knows from the address if they do have a
storefront somewhere.

I agree on the steering wheel -- though obviously a Lempert Wheel, the
light finish looks totally out of place on a gray/black car with dark wood and
black interior. Wonder if they could have requested a dark stain finish?

Did anyone notice that the engine was inserted with the sump and oil
pick-up removed? Wonder if that's a good idea. Sure seems as if it would make
clearance easier.

The $20,000 was just an opening bid. This has to have a $50k- $75k reserve.

With all the great condition of this car, why they wouldn't have fixed the
sideview mirror before pictures is beyond me.

Finally, from the editor in me to all of you folks taking pictures of your
cars -- MOVE THE FRICKING PICK-UP behind the car! How much effort could
that have taken? Then use the brown house as your complete backdrop so that
the white house doesn't show. The reindeer on the lawn aren't too bad -- sort
of date the picture, (we're assuming this was taken Xmas 2010 not a year or
two earlier.

Cheers
Gary
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html