Re: [Healeys] Centershift transmission problems

To: Charles Ulrich <lantana292@hotmail.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Centershift transmission problems
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 06:55:54 +0800
Charlie -

Actually,  they don't know what they are talking about. Maybe you need
a new garage?

Order the three little detente balls and springs located just under
the cover of the box.  It'll cost you less than $20 and fix your
second gear problem (the balls slot on the gear selectors which keep
the car in gear).

These balls are often missing from when someone works on the box and
forgets to put them in.  Also the springs can get old with age..

If you have some mechanical ability, you can fix it yourself, it's an easy job.

Alan