[Healeys] rear shocks and shock links

To: Healeys List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] rear shocks and shock links
From: Steven Kemple <skemple@tidewater.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 12:21:46 -0500
My rear suspension overhaul is done except for the rear shock install.  I have
overhaul exchange shocks from World Wide and new shock links from Moss.

The left side seemed to go together just fine.  On the  right side, the shock
attachment to the tapered shaft on the shock link will not go down as far on
the shaft as on the left side  The difference is about 1/4 inch.

Difficult to describe.  Did Moss have a batch of bad links?  What's the
remedy?  Or if all is snugged up correctly, am I O.K.?

Steve Kemple
'62 BT7 Tricarb
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html