Re: [Healeys] Compression ratio for a fast road 100

To: Healey Lista <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Compression ratio for a fast road 100
From: Magnus Karlsson <magnuskarlsson@bornet.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 18:39:24 +0100
The trick with compression is that you want to achieve a dynamic compression
ratio of 8:1 on all Healey engines. If you raise the static compression on an
engine you must use a longer duration cam, i.e. rally or race. If you use a
such a cam the dynamic compression is lowered and you will be fine. It's quite
straight forward to calculate the dynamic compression. You don't consider the
complete stroke (static) rather the remaing stroke after the intake valve has
closed. If you calculate with different cams you will see the difference and
that with longer duration you will get a lower compression. I build both 3000
and 100 engines with 300 degree cams for road use, without hesitation, pingin
or run on.

Magnus Karlsson
BorC%s Motor Corporation AB
Husbondegatan 36 B