Re: [Healeys] Compression ratio for a fast road 100

To: "'I Erbs'" <eyera3@gmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Compression ratio for a fast road 100
From: "Hap Polk" <happolk@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:04:18 -0800
Ira,

True enough. Most used the 265/283 Chevy, I think one used a nail head Buick
and I think there was one Olds. 260 Fords and 215 Buick aluminum V8s came
later. I don't know of any straight 6 conversions, generally too long to
consider, nor of any flathead Ford conversions. And of course no Chrysler
hemi engines as their hemi heads are huge. Back to the 6 cylinders. I think
one guy was trying to put a 3.4L Jag engine in a Healey. Most used the
transmission that mated to the engine, typically a Borg Warner 4 speed. Most
of these guys used the Ford 9 inch rear end, but I didn't understand why
given that the Healey BN2 rear end was more than adequate for  V8 powered
road race use. I guess they were emulating the drag race guys.

Hap Polk
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html