[Healeys] Fuel Gauge Mystery Solved

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Fuel Gauge Mystery Solved
From: Rick Huber <hubrick@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 10:29:27 -0600
I've been off list for a few days, but I did manage to buy 68 ohm resistors
and talk to Dan at Nisonger.  My problem is an incorrect gauge - I have
BF2223/00 which is for a 62 to 64 MGB, and of course I need a FG 2333/10 for
my BJ8.  The BF is a bi-metallic gauge instead of the dual resistor with
magnet gauge that you can calibrate, so I'm out of luck on making this one
work.  Anybody know of a source for a rebuildable used FG2333/10, or a
source for rebuilt or new ones?  With the correct gauge, we wouldn't have
had to modify the sending unit to read correctly on the incorrect gauge.
 Now I can modify it back to how it's supposed to be with the electrical
connection and the float arm pointing forward - thanks to you who helped
with that last question too. On the positive side, I  can use the BF gauge
for my 65 MGB restoration.
Cheers,
Rick
64 BJ8 Phase I without an accurate fuel gauge for now
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html