Re: [Healeys] BN2 Assemble order

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN2 Assemble order
From: Tadeusz Malkiewicz <tadeusz.malkiewicz@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 18:32:24 +0100
Hello Jose,

You can check out the assembly order I did:
picasaweb.google.com/Volvo1800S.

I followed common wisdom and Roger Moment articles available in the Austin
Healey Magazine :-)

In general, I had the front and rear shroud assembled before paint, as my
body folks suggested to have them fixed on the car - proper assembly of
fenders is much easier this was, as there are fewer variations to fit all
panels..

I believe, I started with:
0. cleaning all threads :-)
1. Insulation, engine bay (check out Moss site for their description of
their new 'asbestos' panels)
2. Insulation, inside the car, (I used Koolmat)
3. Brake lines & hand brake
4. fuel lines & tank & pump,
5. el. Harness
6. el components excl. Battery switch
7. pedals, gas linkage
8. heater, fresh air hose
9. bumpers (wrapped, they protect the body)
10. steering
11. anything else in the engine bay
11a. assemble instrument panel
12. instrument panel, mirror, all lift-dots and others
13. test electrical system
14. suspension, front
14a. suspension rear & rear axle (I installed assembled, Roger Moment
advises to install it in parts.)
14c. battery switch (do not fit prior to axle installation!)
14b. seat runners
15. bleed brake system
15. car on the ground
16. engine & gearbox (remember to remove the left engine mount prior to
engine installation, it will interfere with steering tube. Engine tested
prior to installation!!!
16a. shaft
16b. exhaust system
16c. connect clutch linkage
17. door assembly & door panels
18. fenders & beading & doors
19. front lights*
20. upholstery*
21. aluminum door trim*

The ones with a star are yet to be done :-)..

Tadek
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html