[Healeys] Was Diffs, Now transmissions

Subject: [Healeys] Was Diffs, Now transmissions
From: warthodson at aol.com (warthodson at aol.com)
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 10:12:28 -0500
I know all of you are on the edge of your chairs waiting to hear my opinion on
this subject. So here goes. A well restored Healey is a wonderful experience
to drive with all its smells, sounds & tactile sensations & a big part of that
experience for me is the original, well restored transmission & overdrive.
At a recent "Spring Thing" event, participants were ask to submit a short
story describing their drive in the Healey that day. The stories were read
aloud at the awards dinner. In the most memorable story (according to me) the
author wrote that when the driver flicked the switch in & out of overdrive, it
made her tingle. I've never heard of a modern transmission doing that!
Gary Hodson