[Healeys] 3.54 Gear Set - Pumpkin Stamping

Subject: [Healeys] 3.54 Gear Set - Pumpkin Stamping
From: sbyers at ec.rr.com (BJ8 Healeys)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 06:41:56 -0500
John, I've had a 3.54 Lempert gear set in my BJ8 since February 2002, and it
never occurred to me to obliterate the original markings.  Why do that?  If
you do it on the diff, why not the axle housing, too?   The diff is so
robust it isn't likely that anyone will ever need to do any replacement of
the gears again unless they want to go back to the original 3.9, and in that
case they would want the original markings.

I converted my car to negative ground, also, but I didn't obliterate the
"positive earth" words on the tachometer.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA