[Healeys] someone was looking for a used rag top

Subject: [Healeys] someone was looking for a used rag top
From: lapierrem at sbcglobal.net (Mark LaPierre)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 19:33:50 -0500
Hey Ira,    I know your always looking for an appropriate way to pay the
list back for all
 the valuable answers that you receive on an hourly basis.  It would be a
huge benefit to all the
up and coming Bt7 owners to see how the latches and header bar on your old
top are installed.

Several pictures , reversing the install of how the front of the top is
connected and how the
header bar itself is covered would be HUGE.  These pictures need to be
stored on someones
web sight once and for all cause a verbal description just doesn't cut it.
And the break down of
these tops just doesn't exist, yet.  I tried but my camera broke.  I have a
few and will get them
posted soon.

I'm still trying to figure out how that "curly cue" maneuver at the front
corners of the tops is done,
and for that matter ,  why did they do that?  It doesn't seem to serve any
purpose. Why didn't
they just run it straight and cut it off and secure it,  why turn the
corners in like that?  If any of you
don't know what I'm talking about then you don't have a 60 Bt7.

The top is still good even if you took it apart a little bit,  I would
think.

Just a thought,   Mark   ; )