Re: [Healeys] Wiring - reformatted

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wiring - reformatted
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 05:32:29 -0800
I think it's probably assumed in this discussion but, generally, we're talking
about stranded wires and not solid, right?

Electricity conducts primarily on the outer surface of a wire.  Since stranded
wires have greater total cross section
and hence more surface area than an equivalent sized solid wire they will
conduct better.  Plus, of course, it's more
flexible and easier to solder or crimp.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html