[Healeys] Mysterious engine

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Mysterious engine
From: Austin Healey <pajtamuvek@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 17:10:48 +0100
Hi,

You may remember, I had bought a 26W engine with unknown origin.
I have started to dismantle it and here is what I have found soo far:

- the pistons come up some 0.3mm above the deck surface. Is it standard?
- the camshaft looks strange. Compared to the one that came from the 29D
engine, it has a different profile with slightly more lift. Each has one
"ring" between the lobes. Maybe it has been reprofiled once?
- it had a rotor type oil pump

Thats soo far. I will measure the cam timing if I got down to it.

Which is th better oil pump to use?

Gergo
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html