[Healeys] old Healey pics in Hot Rod Deluxe

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] old Healey pics in Hot Rod Deluxe
From: "Freese, Ken" <Ken.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 10:11:04 -0800
Hot Rod Deluxe is one of my new favorite magazines. Lots of out takes from the
50's that never got published. There is a nice picture of a 100 with a new
large grill getting gas in January 2011 page 48. March 2011 page 47 has a
great shot of Max Balchowski (Ol Yellar creator) lowering a Chevy v8 into a
100. The date is March 6, 1956. The later article was called Haulin Healey and
showed Ina more than Max. I am pretty sure the current owner of that 100 is a
subscriber to this list.
Others in that issue is Chuck Porter's rescued 300SL that was salvaged, custom
body made and raced with various engines. Pretty well known in the day and
successful.
There is another 300SL gullwing with outrageous paint job that the owner would
take to the sports car races and park in a prominent spot just to piss off the
purists.
Ken Freese
65
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html