[Healeys] Replacing inner/outer sills

To: <hgmiller3@qwest.net>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Replacing inner/outer sills
From: "Ghess4" <ghess4@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 13:12:17 -0800
Herb, I replaced the inner and outer sills as well as floor panels on my BJ8.
Engine and transmission were left in place. Prior to the change I could not
open the doors if already closed when the car was on my two post lift due to
chassis flex.  All measurements were recorded and I expected a much improved
operation of the doors after the change.  That was not the case.  Even though
the frame looked good externally it was obviously compromised by rust
internally.  I listened to a lot of opinions about a fix and finally decided
to replace the frame.  The car now has no flex, the doors work perfectly and
the car drives like I think it should. I will be glad to talk with you either
here or off line.  Changing the frame is not a low cost proposition but it is
by far the best solution in my opinion if you experience problems caused by a
flexing frame.

Gale Hess
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html