[Healeys] BJ8 Door Lock/Latch

Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Door Lock/Latch
From: amalin at mac.com (Al Malin)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:30:51 -0500
Jonas,

My driver door latch had the same problem. A fellow club member repaired it
during one of our spring tune-up sessions. The repair was done in Spring
2006.

Remove the latch, weld additional metal onto the tip, grind tip to required
shape, reinstall latch.

Photos of Tim welding and grinding latch (not much to see but they look
cool):
 http://tricarb.com/gallery/2006tuneup/IMG_0689
 http://tricarb.com/gallery/2006tuneup/IMG_0691

Al Malin