Re: [Healeys] Thanks, and One More Question

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Thanks, and One More Question
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 21:23:35 -0500
185/70-15 is very close to the same diameter as 165-15, so there should
be little difference in your speedo reading if that was what you ran
previously.  Your biggest problem will be finding that size without
spending a lot of money for them.  It has gotten to be a rare size.
Some of the companies that sell lots of different brands and sizes of
tires will have information on their website about the specifications of
each tire which would include the outside diameter or a conversion chart..
Tire Rack may be one of those sites.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/45_conversionchart.html
Other sizes to try would be 195/65-15 or 205/60-15.