Re: [Healeys] Multiplicity of Healey Clubs

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Multiplicity of Healey Clubs
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 17:05:07 -0700
Bob,

I am familiar with the term 'balkanized.'  It seems to be a new favorite of
the marketing types, joining perennial favorites 'paradigm shift' and
'win-win.'  It must have been Word of the Day in USA Today recently.

Anyway, I have carefully considered your argument and concluded you are
entirely correct.  In fact, your argument is so compelling and persuasive I
believe it must be applied across-the-board.  There is simply no need for all
the contentious and redundant city, county, state and national governments.
It would make so much more sense to have only one central government.  It
would be called the 'World Tranquility Federation'--'WTF' for short--to
reflect the peace and harmony that will be brought about once we all cease to
(occasionally) disagree and go our own ways.  The obvious choice for the
capitol of the new government is Beijing, since we all know how good the
Chinese are at acquiring, hoarding and allocating resources.  Plus, they
already have 'debalkanization' down (except for that Taiwan nuisance, which
will be dealt with forthwith).  We will all start our days with a Pledge of
Allegiance to WTF.

We will, of course, have no need for more than one religion.  Our beliefs will
be given to us by the representatives of the WTF, the Scions of Brotherhood
(SOBs).  Also, there will be no need for such a variety of sports and teams
(although I haven't figured out how this will work with only one
'basefoothockaball' team).

We can see this happening already in our telecommunications industry, where
the customers of T-Mobile are ecstatic over their debalkanization into
AT&T--good ol' Ma Bell--because free choice and competition is just so messy
(and hurts profits).

If you choose to go your own rebellious ways your mandatory daily dose of
Prozac will be increased.  If you still fail to conform you will be exiled
to--where else?--the Balkans.

bs

On 3/22/2011 2:59 PM, R. Cobb wrote:
> When I read this post I was reminded of the term, balkanized: to divide
> (groups, areas, etc.) into contending and usually ineffectual factions
> (from Dictionary.com).
< passionate appeal for Unified Healey Club and lament it ain't-gonna-happen
removed>

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html