[Healeys] Opinions Sought

To: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Opinions Sought
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:00:16 -0700
Was under the dash putting the speedo back in and noticed a slight bit of
wetness around the rubber dust boot on the
clutch M/C.  Pulled the boot off, and there was just a teensy smear of fluid on
the cyl, and a bit of dark gray greasy
crud where the pushrod goes through the retaining washer.  Fluid use/loss is
negligible, about what you'd expect from
brake surface wear.  The outside of the M/C is dry and clutch works fine.  I
use silicone brake/clutch fluid, FWIW.  The
M/C is one of the iron Lucas types Moss was selling a few years ago, and
probably 6-8 yrs-- +/- 30K miles--old.

My question to the List is: am I in danger of imminent/eventual failure of the
M/C, or is this no big deal and to be
expected, or something in between?

Bob

--