Re: [Healeys] Vredestein 165x15

To: Per Schoerner <healeyguy@bredband.net>, Healey forum
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Vredestein 165x15
From: Jaap Aeckerlin <j.aeckerlin@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 21:51:46 +0200
Per, I hope you not only got a compressor but also a pressurized can with a
kind of liquid rubber which you are expected to blow into your flat tire.
That works only sometimes, not always. If your tire has come away from the
steel wheel because you drove too long on the flat tire your compressor will
not help as all the air you pump into the tire escapes immediately. If you,
as happened to me, drive over a rather large bolt which causes a 1.5 inch
long cut in your tire the compressor doesn't help either.
I have no experience with  tubed tires on spoke wheels but again I fear a
can and a compressor will only help with a very small puncture. Experience
anyone?
I personally will never accept a can + compressor in a new vehicle, I'll
insist to get an old-fashioned spare wheel.
Regards,
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432