[Healeys] Happy Birthday

Subject: [Healeys] Happy Birthday
From: thehartnetts at earthlink.net (Len and/or Marge Hartnett)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 23:07:54 -0700
Come on, Ed, uh, I mean Anon:  You sorry for anything you say?  That will be
the day.  <VBG&W>

Anyway, this *lady* (who ruled that automobiles were female?) is proud of
her age and not ashamed to flaunt her beauty.  In almost every encounter
with admirerers, the first question asked is, "How old is she?".  She has
never bitten me and dumped me on the side of the road.  We have always
driven home together with only minor squirmishes.

I never named my Healey.  My wife did, however.  She is my first and only
wife yet she calls the car "The First Mrs. Hartnett".  She is convinced that
if I could get the car into the living room, that is where I would park it.

After acquiring the Healey in 1970, Marge participated in most of the
activities that I did - rallies, tours, shows, meets, etc.  Then, in 1983,
she decided that she was no longer interested in hearing about engines, cam
shafts, carburetors, distributors, etc., etc.  It became a running joke in
the Club for all those that had never met her that I was probably not
married at all and she became known as 'The Fictitious Mrs. Hartnett'.  She
had not even ridden in the car since 1983 until last year when her car had
to go to the shop.  After two trips to the shop, she was more convinced than
ever that the Healey was not for her.  In a way, that is good.  There is
never any argument about who will drive the Healey today.

Love the car (for 41 years).  Love the wife (for 58 years come June).

Let's see, now.  The garage is just on the other side of that living room
wall.  If we moved the sofa..........

Len