[Healeys] Rear wiring harness - fuel pump

Subject: [Healeys] Rear wiring harness - fuel pump
From: jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net (john spaur)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:45:47 -0700
I am installing the wiring and noticed that the fuel pump wire is too
short to reach the pump connection. I have a LHD BT7 with the pump on
the right side.

The wiring diagram shows an in-line bullet connection that was used
to extend the wire to reach the pump. My harness was spliced to
extend the wire (it may have burned at one point because a green wire
was spliced onto the white wire.

Would and in-line bullet connection be correct for extending the wire
to reach the pump or should a new harness be supplied with a
continuous wire of the correct length?

Thank you,
John
'62 BT7