[Healeys] Vredestein 165x15

Subject: [Healeys] Vredestein 165x15
From: ATIGHTPROD at aol.com (ATIGHTPROD at aol.com)
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 02:37:05 EDT
So I'm driving down the road with a spare on my left rear, (an older
Michelin) and the tire separated, blew apart and bent my left rear fender  up
pretty good. But I survived, didn't crash and the car will be fine, so  all
good there. My problem now is that I bought a Vredestein 165x15 to use as my
new spare and it won't fit in the spare wheel well of my 1953 BN1.
    Anyone else have this problem? And if so, how did  you solve it. The
new tire is wider than either my old Michelin, which was my  spare and the
tires I have on the car now. Concords, made by who knows who, but  I like them
a lot and they perform well. It seems the Vredestein is wider and  only goes
part way in before it wedges and stops.
    Any suggestions? And I'm only running 28 lbs of  pressure and it's
still too fat!
Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598