Re: [Healeys] Lucas headlight bucket

To: Mark LaPierre <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Lucas headlight bucket
From: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 08:13:29 -0700
Mark,

I have a Lucas 400 Series Master Parts Manual which covers ALL Lucas parts
1945-1960.  Unfortunately The master parts book did not continue in this
format after 1960.

Also the parts are listed by Lucas part number but I can find no reference
as to the "MK number" for the F700 series or for that matter, any other
headlamps.

The questions I have are...

Do you believe that both of these buckets may be original to your car?

Was there accident damage to this area sometime in the past which would have
necessitated a new replacement bucket?

Are the buckets identical other than the MK IX and MK X markings?

Since I don't believe you will find the answer in the Lucas parts manuals of
the period, I believe your best bet would be to find another similar
original car and compare the numbers.

Cheers,

Curt