Re: [Healeys] Metaphors

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Metaphors
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 01:14:32 EDT
In a message dated 5/2/11 9:49:35 PM, healeys-request@autox.team.net
writes:

> ... is like going into an outhouse on a hot summer day.
>  You know it's going to be bad and really stink.

Wow; how evocative is that? And now, of course, we must ask how long that
metaphor will continue to be useful. How many of you actually spent enough
time on a really hot summer day (or two weeks every summer in my case) where
you had only a well-used outhouse to use? And how old do you have to be to
remember that?
Cheers
Gary

Oh, by the way, I think that sound effects on websites were put there to
prevent us from surfing the web while pretending to take notes during a dull
day-long conference. You'd better remember to hit the mute button before you
bring up Firefox, or the speaker is going to be asking everyone to please
close their lap-tops.

Cheers
Gary
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html