[Healeys] leathers

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] leathers
From: "kaynmike.bham@juno.com" <kaynmike.bham@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 19:19:30 GMT
I drive a BN2 and re "did" it a few years ago, including the interior. We (my
wife and I-and she's a seamstress of very high experience)had access to a set
of tattered backs and cusions and I purchased the foams from a..supplier. I
set to work in the remanufacture of any thing not directly related to sewing
while she dismanteled the old parts. We settled on a material that was spot-on
for color and, more amazingly, had the "hand" of "buttery" soft leather. They
turned out beautifully. So what's the question/problem, buddy? It doesn't
SMELL like leather. The smell of old woll carpets and brake fluid and aging
leather is a big part of how I bought this "car" in the first place,a first
one a very long time ago right? What I find is that NO leather smells like
that anymore as tanning chemicals and techneques have completely changed. Is
that true??    Mike Gougeon   '56 BN2
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html