Re: [Healeys] suggestions - Fuel Tank?

To: warthodson@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] suggestions - Fuel Tank?
From: Tim Davis BN7 <tld6008@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 08:38:37 -0500 (CDT)
Good point, I was aiming at an exterior coating system that would hold up well
over the years. My point and experience has been a lined tank holds up very
well. I can't remember if the filter you refer to is removable or if the
original tanks, as mine is, had them but I coated mine 10 years ago after
discovering small leaks and it is leak free today. I bought the sealer from
Bill Hirsch, he also sold green engine enamel. I have used this process since
the 60s, originally on motorcycle tanks and have never had a problem
afterwards.

Tim Davis BN7