Re: [Healeys] MKII BJ7 Gearbox Rebuild????

To: Jeff Capezzuti <jcapezzuti@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] MKII BJ7 Gearbox Rebuild????
From: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 19:43:17 -0700
Tranny comes out by itself. Up and out of the passenger compartment
take too many photos
Replace clutch assembly.
Add rear main seal kit
Resurface and or lighten your flywheel.
check ring gear for chips
synchros and parts from usual suppliers, Moss, BCS, Dennis Welch, cape
international, Ed may have some,
Oh yes, take plenty of photos.
Take it apart in a place where you can locate springs that zing off into the
distance, and bearings that fall out from an unexpected place.
good luck, it can be done, take your time and take plenty of photos.