[Healeys] Girling brake booster

Subject: [Healeys] Girling brake booster
From: tadeusz.malkiewicz at gmail.com (Tadeusz Malkiewicz)
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 16:45:25 +0200
I think that this particular seller also sells the earlier version of the
servo.

If you are out for one, I would be particularly careful, as all these servos
are rebuild with the original aluminum core.

If the rebuild process is decent, then the pressure cylinder is re-sleeved.
Ideally, the control cylinder should also be resleved, although I have never
seen one doing this.

Also, the vacuum cylinder should be taken care of: there are modern seals
now for the vacuum piston.

The parts here are rather expensive..

On top, once you rebuild it, you should test it for leaks.

Procedure is here:
http://volvo1800pictures.com/document/Service_manual_jack/part_5_brakes_disc
_brakes/part_5_brakes_disc_brakes.pdf

I have build a test rig, that does not fulfill all the necessary tests, but
it will definitely give you an idea if the servo is working:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Volvo1800S/GirlingServoTesting#

I have rebuild 2 with it, and one of them for some reason had a significant
vacuum leak at first.

Tadek