[Healeys] trans problem

Subject: [Healeys] trans problem
From: jule_enterprisesah at yahoo.com (Martin Jansen)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 16:04:28 -0700 (PDT)
Ralph, we had a customer a few years back who changed the clutch and in the
process he decided to clean the main shaft of the transmission and the pilot
bearing in the back of the crank shaft. As a result of this the shaft seized
in the pilot bearing because the bearing went dry. I understand this is an oil
bushing but they can dry out.  If you did this and did not regrease the pilot
bushing and main shaft, the main shaft may have seized.

Happy Healeying,   Marty  www.jule-enterprises.com