[Healeys] Spare tire strap assembly for BN6/BN7 -

Subject: [Healeys] Spare tire strap assembly for BN6/BN7 -
From: vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com (Jean Caron)
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 05:29:23 +0000
Listers:

Before this gets too carried away here, bear in mind that I am doing a few of
these more as a favour than to get into this full throttle. The strap I am
using as a pattern was purchased some 23 years ago from Martin J. MacGregor
for my own BN6 as my assembly was missing altogether. Knowing the level of
accuracy Martin dedicated to everything he makes led me to believe that his
was correct. Having said that I have not seen anywhere in any of the previous
or current Concours Guide a definite set of dimension with regards to this
strap other than to say they are made of black leather, with a black roller
buckle, held by black rivets.
There is a firm here in Winnipeg where I can obtain pretty well any type of
buckle and as of two days ago, when I was last there, there were no black
buckles available, and furthermore, none are exactly like the one that Martin
supplied me with for my car. I went through their supply to find the one
closest to it and purchased five of them along with the necessary leather. I
have prepped these for powder coating, to be done in black as I have done in
the past for some of the restorations and they have held up well using that
method.
All five assemblies are now spoken for and do not plan to make anymore until I
have completed one restoration project I have right now and some work on my
own BN6. I realize there is not a huge demand for this either and that is
likely why these are not readily available right now.
This list is great and will continue to use it on a regular basis, great folks
here who have a wealth of valuable knowledge for our cars.

Regards,

Jean Caron
Vintage Roadster Restoration
Winnipeg, Canada