[Healeys] Ferrari?

Subject: [Healeys] Ferrari?
From: vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com (Jean Caron)
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 04:43:11 +0000
Lin:
I have looked in some of my oldest books I have of Ferraris and the car on the
left appear to be a Formula 1 car without its full bodywork, likely a 156F1,
from 1961 like the one driven by Phil Hill when he won his championship, the
rollbar gave that one away.
The car on the right appears to be a 268P as similar cars were entered for the
1962 Targa Florio but this one appears to have a cover behind the driver side
while those entered in the Targa Florio did not. However the rest of the rear
section, including the two "air vent" are the same. This is what I have found
but perhaps those who know these cars better may prvide you with more exact
answers.

Jean Caron

> From: linwoodrose at mac.com
> Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 13:20:55 -0400
> To: healeys at autox.team.net; saloons at jag-lovers.org
> Subject: [Healeys] Ferrari?
>
> I know that this is the home of british car people, but I am wondering if
any of you can be of help? I was in London a few weeks ago and having dinner
in an Italian restaurant named Pescatori's (very good by the way). They have a
series of framed photos on the wall on the way to the rest rooms (sorry if
this is getting too graphic for some of you), including the one referenced
below:

> https://files.me.com/linwoodrose/d1mjtu
>
> I have never seen this Ferrari - I am assuming that it is a Ferrari, but who
knows? If it is a Ferrari can anyone identify the model?