[Healeys] Healeys] Start-up, oil filters, and rebuilt engines

Subject: [Healeys] Healeys] Start-up, oil filters, and rebuilt engines
From: jule_enterprisesah at yahoo.com (Martin Jansen)
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 17:44:09 -0700 (PDT)
Nitriding is a process that hardens the surface of the cam. It is a very
durable surface with a high resistance to wear. Many cams when being re
profiled are not tested by the company doing the re profiling. the correct
Rockwell harness for the cam is 55 Rockwell as are the lifters. I have seen
cams after being cut with Rockwell harness of 8. Anything under 55 Rockwell is
not acceptable and will cause premature wear. Camshafts have been wearing out
long before they removed zddp from oil. Generally cam failure is the result of
dirty oil or soft metal-cams. Lubrication is very important in cam longevity
as are the other elements discussed.
We have had good success with the nitraded cam.

Happy Healeying,
  Marty  www.jule-enterprises.com

--- On Tue, 5/24/11, healeymanjim at hansencc.net <healeymanjim at hansencc.net>