Re: [Healeys] Smiths Instruments in Big Healey

To: Austin Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>, Michael MacLean
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Smiths Instruments in Big Healey
From: "J. Scott Morris" <jstmorris@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 08:43:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Michael;  After checking with a number of current supplier catalogues
and confirming with the original Smiths Instruments catalogue of 1962, both
GD1500/29 and GD1500/30 are listed.  The current suppliers give /29 and the
Smiths /30.  The best I can say is you seem to have the correct safety gauge
[oil pressure/water temperature].  The pdf files need to be updated to
indicate this; I just need to find a good original information source.  What I
don't want to do is perpetuate any errors; that is why I try to use original
documentation from 'the day'.  :-)
--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada                   - Keep Smiling,
Murphy Lives