[Healeys] Exact position of 'Staple' for spare wheel retaining strap

To: Forum <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Exact position of 'Staple' for spare wheel retaining strap
From: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 17:51:10 +0200
All

Following restoration, my car no longer has  the two holes for the screws
which secure the 'staple' through which the spare wheel leather strap
passes.

Can anyone give me an accurate measurement of exactly where these holes are
positioned in the boot.? Is this staple normally attached with small bolts
or with self tapping screws?

Also, the bracket  to which the spare wheel retaining rod connects, has two
holes in it but all the spare parts manuals show only the one long bolt
passing through it. What is the other hole for? Is there an additional screw
required to give it more support when attached to the wooden block?

Thanks

Derek
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html